Privacy Disclosure Statement
In order to comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles, we are required to advise you that Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd (Madison) registered office: Level 2, 285 George Street, Sydney, AFSL # 246679 ABN 36 002 459 001, holds personal information about you. The information has been, and will continue to be, collected by us for the purpose of providing you with financial planning advice.
We are required, pursuant to the Corporations Act and certain regulations issued by The Australian Securities and Investment Commission, to collect information about you for the purpose of providing you with our services . If you do not provide us with the information requested by us, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require of us.
We will from time to time disclose information about you to our representatives, other professionals, insurance providers, superannuation trustees and product issuers in connection with our services. You will be deemed to have consented to our use of such information in this manner, unless we are notified otherwise. In the event we consider it necessary to use or disclose information about you for purposes other than those detailed above, or related purposes, we will seek your consent. You are entitled to obtain access to the information which we hold about you by calling the Privacy Manager on 1300 789 575.
Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd and its associated entities (for a full list refer to Madison Financial Group’s Financial Services Guide) abides by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth). A summary of the Australian Privacy Principles is available by contacting our office.
Collection of Personal Information
As a financial planning organisation we are subject to certain legislative and regulatory requirements which necessitate us obtaining and holding detailed information which personally identifies you and/or contains information or an opinion about you (“personal information” and “sensitive information”). Our ability to provide you with a comprehensive financial planning and advice service is dependent on us obtaining certain personal information or sensitive information about you, including:
- ID information including names, addresses, phone, email address;
- Personal details including date of birth, associated entities, visa and residency status;
- Financial details including TFN, financial needs and objectives;
- Details of your current financial circumstances, including your assets and liabilities (both actual and potential), income, expenditure, insurance cover and superannuation;
- Investment preferences including past experience and risk preference;
- Health information including personal and family medical history, smoking status, lifestyle pursuits;
- Occupation details including employment history, employment circumstances, family commitments and social security eligibility;
- Relationship details including marital status, sexual orientation and estate planning details;
- Other information we think is necessary.
Failure to provide to us the personal information referred to above may expose you to higher risks in respect of the recommendations made to you and may affect the adequacy or appropriateness of advice we give to you.
We will not collect any personal information about you except when you have knowingly provided that information to us or authorised a third party to provide that information to us. Where we receive unsolicited personal information about you, we will check whether that information is reasonably necessary for our functions or activities. If it is, we will handle this information the same way we do with other information we seek from you. If not, we will destroy the information or ensure that the information is de-identified.
Generally, collection of your personal information will be effected in either face to face interviews, over the telephone or by way of an online client engagement form. From time to time additional and/or updated personal information may be collected through one or more of those methods.
From time to time and if necessary to do so, we may collect information about you from other sources. Instances pertaining include:
- reliance on publically available information to update your contact details when uncontactable;
- information that is required from other sources to assess an insurance application you make through us;
- the checking of security you are offering through public register and our service providers;
- at your request, we exchange information with your legal or financial advisers and other representatives.
We will only collect, maintain and use personal Information about you if it is necessary for us to provide adequate financial planning advice to you.
Holding of Personal Information
Your personal information is stored in different ways, including paper and electronic form and is generally held in your client file. Information may also be held in a computer database.
The security of your personal information is important to us and at all times we seek to ensure that personal information collected and held by us is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. At all times your personal information is treated as confidential and any sensitive information is treated as highly confidential.
In the event you cease to be a client of this organisation, any personal information which we hold about you will be maintained for a period of 7 years in order to comply with legislative and professional requirements..
In the event you cease to be a client of this organisation, but remain a client of any financial planner that has moved from Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd to another Australian Financial Services Licensee, any personal information which we hold about you, subject to certain matters being resolved in connection with your continuing financial services, will be made available to that Licensee. You should ensure that the information that we provide at that time is current l and relevant financial planning advice.
Use and Sharing of Personal Information
We will not use or disclose Personal Information collected by us for any purpose other than:
- the purposes for which it was provided or secondary related purposes in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure; or
- where you have consented to such disclosure; or
- as expressed in this Privacy Disclosure Statement; or
- where the Australian Privacy Principles authorise use or disclosure where required or authorised under law, in circumstances relating to public health and safety and in connection with certain operations by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
We are also obliged pursuant to the Corporations Act to maintain certain transaction records and make those records available for inspection by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
We may use the personal information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with direct marketing material such as articles that may be of interest to you, however you may, by contacting us, request not to receive such information and we will give effect to that request. Please allow 2 weeks for your request to be actioned.
In the event that we propose to sell our business we may disclose your personal information to potential purchasers for the purpose of them conducting due diligence investigations. Any such disclosure will be made in confidence and it will be a condition of that disclosure that no personal information will be used or, disclosed by them. In the event that a sale of our business is effected, we may transfer your personal information to the purchaser of the business. As a client you will be advised of any such transfer.
Although we don’t send personal information overseas you should be aware of the following:
- your personal information may be accessed by our contractors, representatives or agents in other countries, if that becomes necessary to deliver our services to you. This access is via secure internet connection or, in some instances by email;
- from time to time, information may be loaded to the cloud for storage or access through programs such as drop box etc; and
Accessing your Personal Information
You may at any time request access to your personal information and we will (subject to the following exceptions) provide you with access to that information either by providing you with copies of the information requested, allowing you to inspect the information requested or providing you with an accurate summary of the information held. We will, prior to providing access in accordance with this policy, require you to provide evidence of your identity.
We will give you access to your information in the form you want it where it is reasonable and practical. We may charge you a small fee to cover our costs when giving you access, but we will always check with you first.
We are not always required to give you access to your personal information to the extent that:
- providing access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety;
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information wouldn’t be ordinarily accessible because of legal proceedings;
- it would prejudice negotiations with you;
- providing access would be unlawful;
- denying access is required or authorised by or under law;
- we have reason to believe that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to the entity’s functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in and giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter;
- providing access is likely to harm the activities of an enforcement body;
- providing access would harm the confidentiality of our commercial information.
In the event we refuse you access to your personal information, we will provide you with an explanation for that refusal. If you have any concerns, you can complain. See ‘Making a Complaint’.
Correcting your Personal Information
We will endeavour to ensure that, at all times, the personal information about you which we hold is up to date and accurate. In the event that you become aware or believe that any Personal Information which we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, you may contact us and provide us evidence of the inaccuracy, outdatedness, incompleteness, irrelevance or misrepresentation and we will, if we agree that the information requires correcting, take all reasonable steps to correct the information.
We will endeavour to respond to any request for access within 30 days depending on the complexity of the information and/or the request. If your request is urgent please indicate this clearly.
If we are unable or do not agree to correct your personal information, we will explain why within five business days of making the decision.
If you have any concerns, you can complain. See ‘Making a Complaint’.
If we are unable to make corrections with the 30 day or agreed upon time frame we must:
a)let you know about the delay, the reasons for it and when we expect to resolve the matter;
b)ask you to agree in writing to give us more time; and
c)let you know you can complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Making a Complaint
Phone: 1300 363 992
Fax: +61 2 9284 9666
Mail: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001 or GPO Box 2999, Canberra ACT 2601
Phone: 1300 789 575
Fax: +61 2 9954 4599
Mail: PO Box R1776, Royal Exchange, NSW, 1225
- Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd, ABN 36 002 459 001, holds an Australian Financial Services Licence (No. 246679).
- This site provides information about the financial services and products of Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd and other members of their group and certain other information. This screen contracts the terms upon which you may access this information and by proceeding beyond this screen, you agree to be bound by these terms.
- Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd and other members of the Group:
- Provide information on this site in good faith but do not give any warranty or make any representation, as to the accuracy, reliability, completeness, confidentiality or security of the information contained in this site, or with respect to any changes in circumstances after the date of publication that may impact on the accuracy of this information to the extent required by law;
- may change and update the information from time to time;
- make no representation in relation to, and are not responsible in any way, for any other site you access through this site to the extent required by law; and
- All information on this website is the property of Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd or its information providers and is protected by applicable copyright and intellectual property laws. All rights reserved. You are entitled to use the Information on this Site for your personal, non-commercial use only.
- Any trade marks appearing in this site are the trade marks of the company or a third party. Users must not use or reproduce any of the trade marks that appear on this site.
- Users of this site must not:
- do anything to alter or modify the information in this site;
- use the material in this site for any purpose other than as a source of information for personal use unless authorised to the contrary;
- distribute, copy or otherwise reproduce in any way and of the material available from this site unless it is expressly authorised;
- post any material which is defamatory, in breach of copyright, in breach of the Competitions and Consumers Act 2010 or otherwise in any way unlawful or inappropriate.
- Users can print a hard copy of material on this site for their personal use only or to provide that material to their clients other than material where this is prohibited by a notice to that effect in this site.
- The information contained in this site is general information only made available to residents of Australia and its territories and New Zealand and is not a recommendation, offer, advice or invitation to purchase, sell or otherwise deal in securities or other investments. You should seek advice from an appropriately qualified professional on whether the information is appropriate for your particular needs, financial situation and investment objectives. Past performance of financial products is no assurance of future performance. The payment of dividends and the return of capital are not guaranteed.
- Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd and other member of the Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd are not liable in any way to any entity for any loss, damage, cost, expense or any other harm or detriment incurred as a result of the material contained in this site or from unauthorised access to, or any misuse of this site including, without limitation, any negligence by Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd and other members of the Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd, except as required by law.
- All references in this site to “$” or “dollars” are references to Australian currency unless otherwise stated.
- Users of this site agree to indemnify Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd and other members of Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd from all liability, cost and expense (including legal fees) arising directly or indirectly from the use or distribution by any person of material placed in the site by the user or from the alteration, modification of or addition to material on the site by the user.
- No information, feedback, questions or comments placed on this site by any person other than Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd and other members of Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd will be confidential or authorised or otherwise endorsed. Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd and other members of the Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd can reproduce, use, disclose and distribute this information to others in their absolute discretion.
- Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd exclude to the full extent permitted by law all liability of whatever kind, in negligence, contract, under fiduciary duties or otherwise, to readers or anyone else in respect of any loss or damage (including without limitation indirect or consequential loss or damage) arising from or in connection with any use of the information on or accessed through this website.
- Contents within the member section of this web site are not for public circulation or reproduction
- Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd does not warrant or represent that the site is error free or free from viruses or defects. You must do all that is necessary (including using virus checking software) to satisfy yourself that accessing this website will not adversely affect your computer system(s).
- Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd will use best efforts to provide access to this site on a 24 hour basis. However, there may be an interruption to the service to facilitate the site’s maintenance or for any other reasons. Madison Financial Group Pty Ltd will not be liable to any person for interruptions to the service for any reason.
- To the extent permitted by law any term, condition, warranty or clause otherwise to be implied into this disclaimer is excluded.
- By visiting this website you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the State of New South Wales.
- If we waive any rights available under these terms this does not mean that those rights will automatically be waived on any other occasion.
- If any part of this disclaimer is held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining parts of the disclaimer shall nevertheless continue in full force.
- This site is only relevant to Australian investors.